Poets, Storytellers, & Artists

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Freestyle Production
The Unveilings Part 1 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 6:56 pm by HeavenSunArcadez

» 10-21-12 Journal Revision Mithras’s Mythographies
The Unveilings Part 1 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 6:39 pm by Le0

» Le0's Limericks
The Unveilings Part 1 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 4:22 pm by Le0

» Le0's Sunnets
The Unveilings Part 1 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 4:11 pm by Le0

» Le0's Quatrains
The Unveilings Part 1 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 4:06 pm by Le0

» Dimension: 4012 ad
The Unveilings Part 1 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 1:34 pm by Le0

» T_nka Beans/Tonka(Tanka)Beans
The Unveilings Part 1 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 2:33 pm by Le0

» Layered (V)eccanisms
The Unveilings Part 1 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 2:23 pm by Le0

» Video Diggin' iN da Crates
The Unveilings Part 1 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 2:53 pm by Le0

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 121 on Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:40 am
Poll
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Top posting users this week
No user

Statistics
We have 31 registered users
The newest registered user is taretgeffr

Our users have posted a total of 592 messages in 102 subjects

The Unveilings Part 1

3 posters

Go down

The Unveilings Part 1 Empty The Unveilings Part 1

Post  Felicia Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:13 pm

Dustin sits in the corner of the room thinking about what he should be doing. He knows he should attempt to write something, but he has no idea how to start. He wishes he'd stayed home, last night, instead of going out with his friends.

He turns in his computer chair, to the mirror on the back wall, and stares at his reflection. My how time has flown. It seems like just yesterday he was nineteen years old chasing girls. Now, look at him. Thirty-four years old. And, wait, is that a grey hair? He sighs as he watches his fingers, feebly , tugs at something that is no more than a thought of what could be.

"Oh well." He says as he returns to his computer monitor, once more.

The rain drops in the background soothes, Dustin. He knows that if he does not push himself to complete this story he'll fall asleep,, soon. He gazes out of the window and is captivated by the full moon that sits just out over the hills.

Then, suddenly, there is a knock at his door. He wonders who it could be at 10:45 at night in this kind of weather. "Damn!" He mumbles under his breath.

"Just a moment." He shouts over the thunder. Flashes fill the room as he walks towards the door. The knocks grows louder and more rapid.

"Just a moment!" ,he shouts but this time it's annoyance and a head ache that, now, fuels his reply to the knocks coming just beyond this reach. His hand reaches out for the doorknob. He stops and pulls away. Then, looks through the peep hole, instead. The porch light must have gone out again, he assumes; because, the only thing he sees is his walk way, in flashes, from the lightning and the moon that sits high above in the sky just over the hills.

After gulping down his anger and, while rubbing his temple, he asks in a calmer voice ( but loud enough to be heard over the rumbles of the storm) "Who is it?"

No reply.

"Look, Dante, if that's you this isn't the time. My publishers are really pushing me for this next story and I don't have any time for this bull." He pauses momentarily " And, I am not going out with you or Charles, tonight!"

Still... nothing.

Anger gets the best of Dustin and he tugs the door open. And, to his bewilderment, standing on his door steps is a little girl with a white dress and holding a doll. She's dripping wet. In her hands she holds a book. Dustin leans in closer and kneels down.

"Are you ok?" He asks in an almost child like voice.

Nothing...

"Where did you come from?" He stood up and grabbed her hand as gently as he could. "You are ice cold. You must have been out here for a long time. Here, come in. Lets get you all cleaned up. I may have something in the closet, of my niece's, that you can put on. She's about your age and sizee."

As Dustin went about the house gathering up this and that to dry the girl he'd noticed that she was sitting at his computer chair, smiling.

"This your computer?" She asked.
Dustin looked into her brown eyes and saw something there that he hadn't seen before. But, he wasn't quite sure what IT was.

"So, you can talk." He said with a smile. She gave him a smile and a nod yes.

"Yes, I can."

"So... Well, where did you come from? Um, I mean... well... you know. This is really bizarre."

"It is." She replied. "But, you wanna know what's even more bizarre than this?" She said as she dried her self with the towel Dustin handed her some moments before. He voice was more that of a for certain adult than a child that looked to be about 10.

Dustin was hesitant, amused, confused and worried. The hell did the kid come from? What in the hell is going on. Then he spoke, "Go for it little lady. What could be more bizarre than a wet little girl standing on my porch at almost 11 at night in a thunderstorm?

Slowly she lifted her hands towards Dustin and opened it.

Dustin, felt sick. The room began to spin. The little girl was saying something but it was muffled. The last thing Dustin remembered was a smile on the little girls face, a silhouette at the door and falling to the carpet.
Thud!

To be continued... (maybe. who knows!)
Dun Dun!

May I please have some feedback?
Felicia
Felicia
Twisted
Twisted

http://www.blackplanet.com/Felicia31331/

Back to top Go down

The Unveilings Part 1 Empty Re: The Unveilings Part 1

Post  Felicia Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:39 am

If I tell you (wipes blood from face while breathing rapidly) I'd have to kill you, too. Twisted Evil
Felicia
Felicia
Twisted
Twisted

http://www.blackplanet.com/Felicia31331/

Back to top Go down

Post  Trinity4ever Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:21 am

Sounds good to me. I'm very anxious to know what happens next. You've got to finish it Felicia. Can't keep us all in suspense.
Trinity4ever
Trinity4ever
Freelance Wordsmith
Freelance Wordsmith

http://angieogenesis.webs.com

Back to top Go down

The Unveilings Part 1 Empty lol........

Post  Le0 Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:04 pm

Trinity4ever wrote:Sounds good to me. I'm very anxious to know what happens next. You've got to finish it Felicia. Can't keep us all in suspense.

ikr. Rolling Eyes
Le0
Le0

http://www.blackplanet.com/mythra/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down