Poets, Storytellers, & Artists

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Freestyle Production
On Writing - by Anne Rice EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 6:56 pm by HeavenSunArcadez

» 10-21-12 Journal Revision Mithras’s Mythographies
On Writing - by Anne Rice EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 6:39 pm by Le0

» Le0's Limericks
On Writing - by Anne Rice EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 4:22 pm by Le0

» Le0's Sunnets
On Writing - by Anne Rice EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 4:11 pm by Le0

» Le0's Quatrains
On Writing - by Anne Rice EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 4:06 pm by Le0

» Dimension: 4012 ad
On Writing - by Anne Rice EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 1:34 pm by Le0

» T_nka Beans/Tonka(Tanka)Beans
On Writing - by Anne Rice EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 2:33 pm by Le0

» Layered (V)eccanisms
On Writing - by Anne Rice EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 2:23 pm by Le0

» Video Diggin' iN da Crates
On Writing - by Anne Rice EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 2:53 pm by Le0

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 121 on Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:40 am
Poll
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Top posting users this week
No user

Statistics
We have 31 registered users
The newest registered user is taretgeffr

Our users have posted a total of 592 messages in 102 subjects

On Writing - by Anne Rice

2 posters

Go down

On Writing - by Anne Rice Empty On Writing - by Anne Rice

Post  Trinity4ever Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:31 am

On Writing

From Anne (posted 8/4/09):

Update July 29, 2009
As of now, I am receiving two to three requests a day to read the poetry, stories or novels of unpublished writers. I cannot comply with these requests. This is no reflection on the people writing to me. I am unable to do it because of my own schedule and my own work. I wish all struggling writers every success.

From Anne (posted 6/15/09):

"First off, I know nothing about publishing today and have precious little that I can say on that subject. However one point I can make is this: no legitimate publisher charges a writer money to publish a book. Only "vanity" presses do this, and they are, as far as I know, in the business of making their money off authors. I do not encourage anyone to go with a "vanity" press. --- I wish I had more to offer but I don't.

On writing, my advice is the same to all. If you want to be a writer, write. Write and write and write. If you stop, start again. Save everything that you write. If you feel blocked, write through it until you feel your creative juices flowing again. Write. Writing is what makes a writer, nothing more and nothing less. --- Ignore
critics. Critics are a dime a dozen. Anybody can be a critic. Writers are priceless. ---- Go where the pleasure is in your writing. Go where the pain is. Write the book you would like to read. Write the book you have been trying to find but have not found. But write. And remember, there are no rules for our profession. Ignore rules. Ignore what I say here if it doesn't help you. Do it your own way.

--- Every writer knows fear and discouragement. Just write. --- The world is crying for new writing. It is crying for fresh and original voices and new characters and new stories. If you won't write the classics of tomorrow, well, we will not have any. Good luck." Cool Like a Star @ heaven

Trinity4ever
Trinity4ever
Freelance Wordsmith
Freelance Wordsmith

http://angieogenesis.webs.com

Back to top Go down

On Writing - by Anne Rice Empty Re: On Writing - by Anne Rice

Post  PoetJC Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:15 pm

Trinity4ever wrote:
On Writing

From Anne (posted 8/4/09):

Update July 29, 2009
As of now, I am receiving two to three requests a day to read the poetry, stories or novels of unpublished writers. I cannot comply with these requests. This is no reflection on the people writing to me. I am unable to do it because of my own schedule and my own work. I wish all struggling writers every success.

From Anne (posted 6/15/09):

"First off, I know nothing about publishing today and have precious little that I can say on that subject. However one point I can make is this: no legitimate publisher charges a writer money to publish a book. Only "vanity" presses do this, and they are, as far as I know, in the business of making their money off authors. I do not encourage anyone to go with a "vanity" press. --- I wish I had more to offer but I don't.

On writing, my advice is the same to all. If you want to be a writer, write. Write and write and write. If you stop, start again. Save everything that you write. If you feel blocked, write through it until you feel your creative juices flowing again. Write. Writing is what makes a writer, nothing more and nothing less. --- Ignore
critics. Critics are a dime a dozen. Anybody can be a critic. Writers are priceless. ---- Go where the pleasure is in your writing. Go where the pain is. Write the book you would like to read. Write the book you have been trying to find but have not found. But write. And remember, there are no rules for our profession. Ignore rules. Ignore what I say here if it doesn't help you. Do it your own way.

--- Every writer knows fear and discouragement. Just write. --- The world is crying for new writing. It is crying for fresh and original voices and new characters and new stories. If you won't write the classics of tomorrow, well, we will not have any. Good luck." Cool Like a Star @ heaven

These words from Anne Rice the author of Vampire Chronicles? Indeed sage words of advice. Especially as concerns vanity press! Nice post.

Thanks for the share.

J.
PoetJC
PoetJC
Freelance Wordsmith
Freelance Wordsmith

http://jpicforum.info

Back to top Go down