Poets, Storytellers, & Artists

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Freestyle Production
Misogyny 2012 & Beyond EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 6:56 pm by HeavenSunArcadez

» 10-21-12 Journal Revision Mithras’s Mythographies
Misogyny 2012 & Beyond EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 6:39 pm by Le0

» Le0's Limericks
Misogyny 2012 & Beyond EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 4:22 pm by Le0

» Le0's Sunnets
Misogyny 2012 & Beyond EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 4:11 pm by Le0

» Le0's Quatrains
Misogyny 2012 & Beyond EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 4:06 pm by Le0

» Dimension: 4012 ad
Misogyny 2012 & Beyond EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 1:34 pm by Le0

» T_nka Beans/Tonka(Tanka)Beans
Misogyny 2012 & Beyond EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 2:33 pm by Le0

» Layered (V)eccanisms
Misogyny 2012 & Beyond EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 2:23 pm by Le0

» Video Diggin' iN da Crates
Misogyny 2012 & Beyond EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 2:53 pm by Le0

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 121 on Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:40 am
Poll
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Top posting users this week
No user

Statistics
We have 31 registered users
The newest registered user is taretgeffr

Our users have posted a total of 592 messages in 102 subjects

Misogyny 2012 & Beyond

3 posters

Go down

Misogyny 2012 & Beyond Empty Misogyny 2012 & Beyond

Post  Le0 Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:28 pm

Any & all input is appreciated family...
I'm doing a research paper on the topic, & wanted some insight on how
my kings & queens felt about this aspect in our lives...

Me personally, I am guilty of this crime of disrespect towards women...
For a long time I didn't even realize I was contributing to this problem...
I state that with the utmost respect on how I was raised; I had parents
who implemented what it means to respect others...
But they are also human, and I think we all fail in respecting each other...
So, 1st & foremost, let me start with hip-hop...the culture, since it's so influential...
Now that I am a man, who has made mistakes, I fathom why C Deloris Tucker went at
the hip-hop community...
We are causing some serious damage to our women psychologically with the vast stereotypes, labels, & whatever else to the point women aren't being treated equally...
Let alone human...

Everything we think, do, and say affects everyone & everything...
Misogyny... what it means to you & how can we solve this autrocity...?
Thoughts?
Le0
Le0

http://www.blackplanet.com/mythra/

Back to top Go down

Misogyny 2012 & Beyond Empty Mr Jay...

Post  Le0 Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:36 pm

study ...wha? you say somethin'???

Na j/k... great insight bredren to this dilemma.
I don't even know where to begin in this discussion...
it's so many different ways I can speak on this...
The end of your post made me feel a whole lot better though...
We are starting to see an equilibrium as far as this goes but still...

It's a tough subject to speak on fam...
I agree with you, and I am knowledgeable of the history behind it all...
I trully cannot begin to even fathom of what a woman of any color has to go thru...

I'll leave it there...I need more time to digest this issue... study
Le0
Le0

Back to top Go down

Misogyny 2012 & Beyond Empty Re: Misogyny 2012 & Beyond

Post  Trinity4ever Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:23 pm

Very interesting question. It's difficult to determine exactly when and why misogyny originated. I'm not so sure it started with Rap/Hip Hop though. It could very well be a result of the 'Willie Lynch Syndrome'. I would be more inclined to say that is where it all began. The African-American community is still suffering the effects from that psychpathically-created program that divided us on as many levels as possible e.g., age, sex, size, complexion, whether you worked in the field or were a house-nigga. They perpetrated all types of issues to turn us against each other and the effects are still being felt. I think it set the stage for where we are today with so many single mothers trying to raise boys into men (which I'm not sure is possible) and culminates in the woman interpreting her idea of what manhood is onto her son because the no-good father is not in the picture. That, I think, ends up with the mother trying to protect her son from society, police, jail; and teaching her daughter to be independent so she won't have to worry about depending on a man for survival; that in turn causes the men to end up being more weak-minded and dependent than the woman. In the end that causes jealousy and animosity (because some men can't deal with a strong woman) so he disrespects her because he's not as strong. But, that's just my opinion, I'm just guessing here trying to figure it all out myself!
Trinity4ever
Trinity4ever
Freelance Wordsmith
Freelance Wordsmith

http://angieogenesis.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  OwnLeeAmateroftime Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:06 am

I agree with Queen Trin that Willie Lynch has the majority to do with the relationship between man and woman in the Israelite community. Just like in Egypt they have created a situation where they murder the man. With Willie Lynch the the murder is psychological and spiritual and does more damage long term then just a physical kill. If anyone ever takes the time to read that letter it will blow your mind how it is affecting us today. From Beyounce and everybody else playing the role to Snoop and everybody else indulging in it. Its alot to it. And to go into it is like opening a can of worms because people are going to be upset regardless of how the truth is told.

Bottomline is.. our people need to stop eating the poison. At some point we have got to get off of the hamster excercise wheel and notice we are in a cage. Once our brothers and sisters do that or at least recognize it then there will be things to talk about that probably wont offend as easy. But since alot of us cant even agree on being trapped or enslaved this makes for a hard discussion. Matrix is one of my favorate movies when I first saw it because it was so detailed in what is actually happening from a sci fi perspective. If we as a people are going to heal we have to agree to see the same thing. But its alot harder to do with an enemy that you cant see, hear or fathom.

Unfortunately alot of us are going to be awaken the hard way. At the last possible minute when there is nothing you can do to react.
OwnLeeAmateroftime
OwnLeeAmateroftime

Back to top Go down

Misogyny 2012 & Beyond Empty Trinity...........

Post  Le0 Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:33 pm

Trinity4ever wrote:Very interesting question. It's difficult to determine exactly when and why misogyny originated. I'm not so sure it started with Rap/Hip Hop though. It could very well be a result of the 'Willie Lynch Syndrome'. I would be more inclined to say that is where it all began. The African-American community is still suffering the effects from that psychpathically-created program that divided us on as many levels as possible e.g., age, sex, size, complexion, whether you worked in the field or were a house-nigga. They perpetrated all types of issues to turn us against each other and the effects are still being felt. I think it set the stage for where we are today with so many single mothers trying to raise boys into men (which I'm not sure is possible) and culminates in the woman interpreting her idea of what manhood is onto her son because the no-good father is not in the picture. That, I think, ends up with the mother trying to protect her son from society, police, jail; and teaching her daughter to be independent so she won't have to worry about depending on a man for survival; that in turn causes the men to end up being more weak-minded and dependent than the woman. In the end that causes jealousy and animosity (because some men can't deal with a strong woman) so he disrespects her because he's not as strong. But, that's just my opinion, I'm just guessing here trying to figure it all out myself!

1st & 4most let me welcome you to WritersYounited, glad you hopped aboard afro
I appreciate your contribution to the thread & I will share my insights on what you wrote in another reply. I want to allow for your interpretations to incubate a bit... study
Le0
Le0

Back to top Go down

Misogyny 2012 & Beyond Empty OwnLee...

Post  Le0 Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:36 pm

OwnLeeAmateroftime wrote:I agree with Queen Trin that Willie Lynch has the majority to do with the relationship between man and woman in the Israelite community. Just like in Egypt they have created a situation where they murder the man. With Willie Lynch the the murder is psychological and spiritual and does more damage long term then just a physical kill. If anyone ever takes the time to read that letter it will blow your mind how it is affecting us today. From Beyounce and everybody else playing the role to Snoop and everybody else indulging in it. Its alot to it. And to go into it is like opening a can of worms because people are going to be upset regardless of how the truth is told.

Bottomline is.. our people need to stop eating the poison. At some point we have got to get off of the hamster excercise wheel and notice we are in a cage. Once our brothers and sisters do that or at least recognize it then there will be things to talk about that probably wont offend as easy. But since alot of us cant even agree on being trapped or enslaved this makes for a hard discussion. Matrix is one of my favorate movies when I first saw it because it was so detailed in what is actually happening from a sci fi perspective. If we as a people are going to heal we have to agree to see the same thing. But its alot harder to do with an enemy that you cant see, hear or fathom.

Unfortunately alot of us are going to be awaken the hard way. At the last possible minute when there is nothing you can do to react.

I knew it was a reason we connected from jump... Like with Trinity, I wanna allow for your thoughts to sink in some b4 i go stating my stance... That's mostly due to me being a knuckle head turned monk study

Very interesting thoughts so far family...
Le0
Le0

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down